Caden enjoyed Cub Day Camp this year--and it's a good thing, because it was his last time. He'd already officially earned his
Arrow of Light, but because he hadn't yet turned 11, he got to attend. The theme was the Wild West and he had a blast!
 |
| Is it really my last time ever to help make swaps? That's going to take a while to sink in! |
 |
| Morning-gathering. |
 |
| Tug-of-War |
 |
| So committed to the cause that he fell right down into stinging nettle. Big bummer! |
 |
| Painting a snake. |
 |
| Who wouldn't love this game? (Try to catch the wet sponge in a bowl attached to a bike helmet on your head!) |
 |
| Whittling soap |
 |
Save the best for last...archery! (I should say, the best on the day I attended. Of course Caden loves the bee-bees best!)
Every year I wonder if I will survive my day of chaperoning Day Camp. And yet it's always great. Texas summer-hot, of course, but still great. I've loved watching my boys have so much fun with their friends and am so grateful for all the leaders who make it possible year after year!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment