The Spencer Clan

The Spencer Clan

Friday, September 12, 2014

Just a few 2014 celebrations, Spencer-style!

It seems life is constantly offering us something to celebrate...and we are happy to do so in our family! I have to confess we don't seem to have a consistent "Celebration Station" yet in our new home...we keep switching it up, based on the holiday. I really loved that for Valentine's Day, Tristan had us all come in to his bedroom, where he had created his own "Celebration Station" on his dresser for the rest of us. I am confident his future wife will be thrilled that he's got this celebrating thing all figured out!

Valentine's Day:
You just have to love the decorative quality of V-day MnM's!

Tim has lately started selecting flowers separately and making his own creative floral arrangements for me. I just love it!  
Tristan's own Celebration Station for the rest of us!  
Tim's V-day basket full of surprises from me! 
Easter:

The Easter Bunny made his typical early arrival the Saturday before Easter. Always a sly one, that Easter Bunny, coming early to our house. 


Caden was not going to let us skip coloring eggs this year! We had a great time!

We enjoyed Easter dinner (feast, really) with the Ridings.  Yum!

Mother's Day:

Mother's Day always arrives when I feel like my birthday has barely passed. Tim and the boys succeeded in creating a lovely celebration all the same! There was a yoga/workout theme with a new yoga mat, workout watch, and a gift certificate I still need to redeem for some new yoga clothes. :-)
Best of all were the homemade gifts and Caden, true to form, had made several that I cherish. 


Tim made sure to serve me lovingly prepared and delightfully presented vegan food, which nourished me in multiple ways.
The Ridings and Iris came to dinner, and we had a Mexican feast, complete with absolutely amazing grilled pineapple! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! 

Father's Day:
(I had included Tim's birthday--prior to Father's Day--in this post as well, but I just cut that out. His 50th birthday celebration deserves its own post!!)
Of course, we celebrated with the Ridings, so here is a shot of
both fathers present at our party: Gary and Tim

Along with Father's Day, we sneaked in a little celebrating for the new 2014 Marcus High School graduate Chris, too.
He left to begin his first term at BYU just a couple days later. Tristan especially will miss him!
The kitchen staff, Amy and Melissa, with results below! 

The other essential (albeit blurry) members of our party!
Mark, Caden, Matt, Kate, and Gavin

Well, that's just a little flavor of how we like to celebrate around here. Apparently with a lot of food, it turns out! I've decided if I don't try to squeeze so many events into these posts, maybe I won't feel so overwhelmed at the thought of blogging. :-) I've lots to catch up on in order to keep my "two-a-month" commitment, but don't give up on me! Now, to look forward to the next celebration... After all, fall equinox is coming up!





1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with your celebration stations! Thanks for sharing your blog with me, I am just grinning ear to ear at all these posts!

    ReplyDelete