Tim's 50th birthday was on
Memorial Day! What better way to kick off the day than for him to go to the gym with two of his sons?
Meanwhile, Caden and I were home cooking up a storm--the happy coincidence that Tim's birthday fell on a national holiday meant no school. We seized the day and had a brunch with the Ridings to celebrate Tim!
|
|
I was on the last day of my
vegan kickstart and I was not going to blow it, so I could eat only the fruit
salad out of everything I made. The greatest temptation for me was the homemade
cinnamon rolls, but I made it. I heard they were great! :-)
|
|
By official group picture time, both Amy and
Gavin had needed to go--Gavin had the last game of a soccer tournament, and
we headed there to cheer him on soon after our brunch concluded.
Birthday boy! Fit at 50 for sure, even without the personal triathlon to prove it!
Another Fit at 50 guy. See this video for details. So glad we live close and can celebrate these b-days together!
Meanwhile, the Celebration Station had been decked to the hilt all day long, but we hadn't even had a moment to dive in. It wasn't until after Gavin's soccer game and dinner at Anamia's with Tristan (who then had to go to work) that Tim was finally able to open his gifts.
Note the striped gift next to the basket on the Celebration Station above. That was Tim's Memory Book I compiled from more than 50 people who care about Tim. After all the hoopla had settled down and evening had come, Tim and I took a quiet moment to sit down on the patio sofa and read through the heartfelt messages. It was a perfect finish to a wonderful day!
We truly do love Tim!!!
|



No comments:
Post a Comment