Homecoming was a little lower-key this year than last, at least for Tristan! He decided he wanted to go to a neighboring stake dance instead, with his "squad," of course. I was worried he'd regret his decision to miss out on Homecoming his senior year, but he hasn't. He especially does not regret not having to purchase a senior "mum" for his date, which is an essential element of a Texas Homecoming--and which can range between two and three hundred dollars!!! That's a lot to spend when he is not currently attached to any one girl (well, it's a lot to spend regardless!).
He felt that he'd had his official Homecoming experience last year, and was just fine heading to a free dance with his buddies instead. (It should be noted that Tristan is a dancing fiend, and attending stake dances all over our region is his favorite thing to do! He has made friends with lots of people in multiple neighboring stakes. I can also very truthfully add, having been a stake dance chaperone, that he personally makes the entire dance more fun for everybody else--getting dance competitions, swing dancing, and dance trains going with great enthusiasm! He has been known to go to neighboring stake dances completely on his own. I can say with absolute confidence that I would NEVER have done that, despite my own love for dancing when I was a teenager.)
| Kevin, Tristan, Kyle, and Chris |
Homecoming night also meant a BIG adventure for Gavin! The Homecoming theme was "Through the Decades," and a friend's mom in our ward planned an incredible party based on that theme. She rented a HUMMER limo (I am not making this up!), took them all to Chipotle for dinner, then took them all over the place for decades-themed activities--a different one every hour from 5-midnight. Gavin said it was the most amazing party ever, and it sounded like it! The whole freshman seminary class was invited. I immediately pointed out that Gavin was in 8th grade, but she insisted her son really wanted Gavin there. We decided to let him go, despite the boy/girl mix and the fact that he isn't yet 14. After all, he's been to numerous mutual activities and Sunday School parties with this same group, and there were parents present throughout the night. We're glad we let him go, because it was a great and memorable experience for him!
| I'm not sure which decade Gavin dressed up as...kind of a 60's/80's mix! |
Meanwhile, a trip to Kids Kastle with the Ridings is still an adventure for Caden! Here he decided he'd make use of one of the turrets to just take it all in.
| So fun to capture the memories! |

No comments:
Post a Comment