For Prom #2, Tristan asked one of his very best friends, Hailey C., by sending her on a scavenger hunt all over town! He had clues taped under the table at Chik-Fil-A, on a bottle of Gatorade at the neighborhood Wal-mart, on a swing at a park, on her car windshield, and who knows where else. Gavin and Caden both assisted Tristan in pulling this off--they will be well prepared when it comes time for them to ask someone to prom. At the end, Hailey discovered a treat basket full of her favorite treats, along with an invitation to prom. I thought he outdid himself, and apparently so did she, as she posted on her Facebook that it was the BEST PROM INVITE EVER!
She responded cleverly in turn, with a piping hot pizza on our doorstep surrounded by printouts of the Italian flag, a nod to Tristan's upcoming mission!
 |
| "After Rome-ing around Flower Mound, I'm excited to say YES!!" |
That night, Tristan went to pick up Hailey while we took care of the finishing touches at home.
 |
Tristan and Hailey FMHS Prom April 25, 2015 |
 |
| Seriously gorgeous, these two! |
This prom was definitely the most labor-intensive for the rest of us, as we were hosting not only pictures for 19 (ended up being 17), but dinner too. There was lots to do to make sure the yard, the tables, the house, the food, and ETC.! were all perfect! Luckily, I had some help with decorating supplies from various friends, and the greenery that Tim pruned off the backyard bushes came in especially handy! Most especially, we were elated that the weather cooperated--we have had a record-setting rainy spring, and the Saturday of prom was an anomaly--gorgeous and sunny all day long. What a blessing and a relief!

 |
| The tables were extra pretty when the candles were lit. |
 |
The food table was inside--this was after some of the appetizers were already gone and I suddenly remembered I needed a picture! |
Our backyard rapidly filled with lots of beautifully-dressed teenagers, along with their parents/photographers:
Gavin and Caden were delighted to be a part of the action, dressing up in their suits for their roles as waiters for the evening.
 |
| These three... love them! |
 |
This was post-dinner, after Caden had inexplicably slicked back his hair with water mid-way through dinner (he said it was more the "waiter look" ). LOL! |
 |
| Note the waiter Caden! |
 |
| And yes, here he is again! |
 |
| Nidish, Keri, and wait...is that Caden back there again? Yes, it is! |
 |
| Caden accumulating a generous amount of tips! |
 |
"I could get used to this!" (Note: Gavin was very involved in serving as a waiter too; however, I was too busy in the kitchen to get pics until the end when he had left for a party himself!) Tim and I pointed out that waiters typically split their tips with the kitchen staff (which included Hailey's mom, Rhonda, who came back to help clean up after the kids left--bless her!), but this counsel was definitely ignored. |
By all accounts, the evening was a huge success. Tristan reported the next day that he had had a wonderful time--the dance was a lot of fun, as was the after-party, which was held at Excite gym (they all changed their clothes first, of course!).
Stay tuned for more!
OK, Caden is making me laugh so hard! And I can't even get over your backyard. I would take pictures there for everything! I'm sure you have at least 3 backyard wedding receptions in your future. And Tristan looks so handsome, and what a gorgeous date! Dang. I was NOT that cute in high school, and most of my friends weren't either...
ReplyDeleteIs that prom or a wedding, honestly! GORGEOUS yard & house, GORGEOUS kids, GORGEOUS waiters :) You're amazing Carolynn, I wish I could eat the food!!!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely agree with Sarah and NIcole! Way to go!! I am dying to see your house. And can we talk about the girls' hair?! No one was that cute when we were in high school, NIc. I loved this window into your life.
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies! I would LOVE for you all to come visit!
ReplyDelete