The Spencer Clan

The Spencer Clan

Friday, May 15, 2015

Mormon Prom!

Let me start this post by saying that this spring Tristan is going to three proms, three weekends in a row. I had intended to lump these all together into one post, but decided that would just be way too long. If there's one thing I've learned after hosting prom pictures in our backyard for groups of 16 one week and then 17 the next, it's that people take nearly as many pictures of prom as they do of a wedding! So let's just take these prom events one at a time. :-)

Será que você vai ao baile comigo?
Part of the fun of Prom is coming up with a creative way to invite someone to go with you! For Mormon Prom, Tristan asked Larissa P. by leaving this beautiful arrangement on her doorstep: fresh roses in a small vase of water which was placed inside a larger vase filled with all her favorite candies (sour gummies!). Tristan attached a scroll printout of the official prom invitation with his invitation in Portuguese! (Larissa's mom is from Brazil.)

And...it's Prom-time! 
Tristan and Larissa
Mormon Prom
April 17, 2015
Tristan and Larissa went to Mormon Prom with a large group that included all of Tristan's best friends--all of these guys are in our stake, and four of them (including Tristan--more on that later!) now have their mission calls.

Kevin, Chris, Benson, Kyle, and Tristan
(I expect at least some of these guys will be Tristan's roommates at BYU in two years!)
After pictures at our house, they went to dinner at the Yellow Rose Steakhouse in Parker Square (great ambiance and food!), and then headed to the dance, which was held about 45 minutes away. By the time they were driving down to the dance, there was a major rainstorm going on. I was very happy to see Tristan safe and sound again the next morning! Following the dance, Tristan's friend Benson's family hosted an "after-party" for the whole group. Somehow, Tristan managed to get up and go to work the next day... I don't know how he gets by on such little sleep!


Showing off their "fancies"--shoes for the girls and suspenders/vests/crazy socks for the guys!
(Emma, Colin, Larissa, Tristan, Lindsey, and Kyle)
Apparently it's a "thing" to wear crazy socks!
The whole group! 

Here's a little teaser: see the girl in the blue, second from the right? Watch for her in the next post because she is Tristan's date for FMHS Prom next week!

And that's the end. :-)



2 comments:

  1. This girl is stunning. And so is Tristan, of course. ;-) I wish I could have been there! PS, Tristan is looking more like Tim in these pictures than I ever noticed. It's always so fun to see traits of parents in my nieces and nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys bought that kid a tux, you're going to go broke on rentals! So fun to see these pictures. I can't believe he was just a toddler when Mike and I started dating. He was super cute then too :)

    ReplyDelete